Lawsuits for mesothelioma options include personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits.
These allow mesothelioma patients or their loved ones to obtain compensation from the parties responsible for their exposure to asbestos.
The average verdict of a lawsuit regarding mesothelioma is $2.4 million. The average mesothelioma lawsuit settlement is $1 – 1.4 million.
Types of Lawsuits for mesothelioma
There are two main types of asbestos suits:
Personal injury and wrongful death.
Mesothelioma patients or their surviving loved ones may be eligible to file one of these lawsuits.
In addition to personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits, mesothelioma and asbestos cases can be handled as class action lawsuits or through multi-district litigation.
Mesothelioma Lawyers in Miss Landing, New Jersey
- Dealing with a mesothelioma claim will present unique difficulties for the victim and her family.
Because every situation is different and everyone has their own needs.
- For example, you may find it particularly helpful to locate a Mays Landing mesothelioma attorney who is not only skilled in handling these claims but focuses on providing personalized customer service.
- Take advantage of this opportunity to find an attorney in Miss Landing, New Jersey that meets your needs.
- You can compare the qualifications of the following attorneys and you can visit their websites or contact their offices to learn more about the services they can provide in connection with mesothelioma claims and litigation.
average settlement for mesothelioma
The type of lawsuit brought will vary based on several factors, including who is filing the lawsuit and the type of damages they wish to pursue.
Mesothelioma personal injury suit
Personal injury claims are filed by a mesothelioma patient after diagnosis.
These lawsuits are brought against the parties responsible for a patient’s exposure to asbestos and the resulting diagnosis.
Compensation from personal injury claims allows the patient to recover money for treatment, travel, lost income, pain, suffering, and related costs.
Mesothelioma wrongful death suit
False death lawsuits for mesothelioma are filed by loved ones of the deceased victim. These lawsuits differ from personal injury cases.
However, like personal injury cases, wrongful death lawsuits are brought against the parties responsible for the victim’s exposure to asbestos.
These lawsuits demand damages related to the death of a loved one.
settlement for mesothelioma lawsuits
Filing a mesothelioma lawsuit after death allows the family to recover compensation related to outstanding medical bills, funeral expenses, potential lost income, union loss and related costs.
What are the symptoms of mesothelioma?
Mesothelioma symptoms can take 10 to 50 years to appear after initial exposure to asbestos. Symptoms are often confused with less serious diseases, which can complicate early diagnosis. When symptoms develop, patients should seek medical attention, as early detection may improve the prognosis of mesothelioma.
Common symptoms of mesothelioma
- Chest or abdominal pain
- Shortness of breath
- fluid buildup
Fever and night sweats
Causes of mesothelioma
- Asbestos is the only definitive cause of mesothelioma.
- When inhaled or swallowed, asbestos fibers may sink into the lining of the lungs, abdomen, or heart.
- Over time, the fibers cause inflammation and scarring.
- This irritation can eventually lead to the development of mesothelioma tumors.