5 people electrocutedy
STREATOR, Ill. – Five people were electrocuted while working on a house Tuesday afternoon in LaSalle County. Tuesday afternoon in LaSalle County.
Workers were shocked as they were installing gutters in a house around noon in the 1400 block of 1659 North Route, according to the Grand Ridge Volunteer Fire Department.
The casualties occurred in a three-story, one-story house on the southwest corner of Fifteenth Route and North 1659 in Bruce Town.
Tim Geiger, Grand Ridge Fire Chief, told Shaw Local that four of the five injured workers were taken to local hospitals and one to Peoria.
He also said that three of the five workers had “life-threatening injuries.”
No names have been released yet.
Officials said four people were taken to local hospitals and one person was airlifted to another hospital.